RSM posts record revenues as consulting services power growth
- RSM achieved global revenues of $5.37 billion, up 5.4% on 2017
- Consulting revenues rise 14.5% as clients look to navigate complex international landscape
RSM, the leading global network of audit, tax and consulting firms focused on the middle market, has reported record global revenues of $5.37 billion for 2018, crowning five consecutive years of growth. The last year has seen the network collectively deliver on a strategy focused on RSM’s people, clients and future-led innovative thinking.
Twelve months of growth have been spearheaded by an increase in the network’s consulting services, with revenues up 14.5% on 2017. The introduction of GDPR, increased cross-border trade risk and the growing threat from cybercrime have all provided new opportunities to extend relationships with clients. Elsewhere, tax advisory services have grown by 6%, while accounting services are up 13%. In addition, international collaboration between member firms remains a core contributor to RSM’s growth, with cross-border client fees increasing 18%.
Jean Stephens, CEO of RSM International said: “2018 was a year of growth across our network, particularly for our rapidly expanding consulting services. Clients around the world looked to RSM for solutions based on a true understanding of their needs, solid expertise in their market and the agility to move quickly as the business landscape shifts. We will continue to focus on realising our global strategy and ensuring that RSM remains the leading adviser to the middle market, wherever we are in the world.”
- In Europe, a region that welcomed Gregor Schmidt as its new Regional Leader in June, revenues grew by 12% – more than double the growth achieved in 2017
- The network achieved 6% growth in North America with a total fee income of $3.4bn. In Canada, RSM saw rapid growth, adding new offices in Calgary, Edmonton and Red Deer
- RSM’s capabilities in Asia Pacific were strengthened with the addition of Huapu Tianjian Certified Public Accountants LLP in China, with a mandate for ambitious, acquisition-led growth
- Elsewhere, there was consistent growth in Latin America (8%), the Middle East (4%) and Africa (2%)
*December 2017 YE versus December 2018 YE in $US, using average interest rates for the respective time periods.
RSM is the sixth largest network of independent audit, tax and consulting firms, encompassing 116 countries, 750 offices and 41,000 people internationally. The network’s global revenues are US$5.37 billion.
As an integrated team, RSM shares skills, insight and resources, as well as a client-centric approach that’s based on a deep understanding of its clients’ businesses. This is how RSM empowers them to move forward with confidence and realise their full potential.
RSM is a member of the Forum of Firms, with the shared objective to promote consistent and high-quality standards of financial and auditing practices worldwide.
RSM is the brand used by a network of independent accounting and advisory firms each of which practices in its own right. RSM International Limited does not itself provide any accounting and advisory services. Member firms are driven by a common vision of providing high quality professional services, both in their domestic markets and in serving the international professional service needs of their client base.
For more information, visit www.rsm.global, or search for RSM on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.