What Is a Help Desk?
- Help Desk – the 1st and 2nd level support
- Service Desk
- The service of hardware and application supervising
A help desk provides two types of services: basic, i.e. answering telephone inquiries from customers; and expanded, i.e. taking control of a keyboard & monitor set from a user and demonstrating how to use the devices.
Help Desk Benefits
- direct support of Microsoft desktop operating systems, Microsoft Office applications, Microsoft Outlook and IBM Lotus Notes, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Axapta and CRM e-mail clients
- specialized custom applications (after training has been provided on site for extended service; the objective is to update customer knowledge)
- indirect support to Microsoft and Linux server systems, Microsoft System Center and Microsoft ForeFront server systems, SAP, MS Dynamics NAV and CRM application modules, network hardware and software within the service portfolio of RSM Infinity, a.s.
Help Desk Features
- basic service can be provided without connecting to a user’s network; a user calls either directly to a dedicated help desk number or contacts the help desk via the blue line (844 171 171)
- extended help desk service requires a connection to a customer’s network and suitable software on client workstations (or even servers) – e.g. MS RDC, TeamViewer, LogMeIn, etc.
- the option of tracking the status of critical components in a customer’s network – supervisory centre
- the option of using a data link for transmitting voice (VoIP, VoFR) and thereby reducing telecommunications costs